Monday, March 8, 2010

ELLIPSIS, A collection of Essays and Short Stories...

It's funny, sometimes when you least expect it, you see a book coming to fruition where there was previously none.  I had been talking about "The Long Road to Extradition" thinking that it would be my next book unveiled.  How wrong I was!  I found myself hurrying though it to get everything down that I wanted to get down and while I know this book is going to require time and patience, it's going to require even more so as once I am complete, instead of editing, I will then really need to "write it". 

ELLIPSIS wrote itself over the last several years (2006 - 2010) and required little else from me.  I'm sure the editors that are reading this post (if there are any) are moaning and groaning.  I don't mean to imply that I write perfectly the first time out of the gate (I can assure you I don't).  But, the important essence is there.  The undertones, the phrasing, the pause that is required to really understand something is there.

As I wrote in the beginning of the book, I decided to name the book, ELLIPSIS because:

When I was having a previous work edited by a friend of mine, she jokingly told me that I had a love affair with the ellipsis. It seems that the dialogue for one of my characters was peppered heavily with the … mark that indicates an unfinished thought or a trailing off into silence. The idea of writing a book of my thoughts and stories seemed very appealing to me.

A collection of essays or stories are peppered throughout everyone’s life which I consider to be connected by an ellipsis. I’ve had a unique vantage point of life and am fascinated by what this life has presented so far. It’s not always happiness, or joy but also grittiness, sadness, anger, stubbornness, missed opportunities, found opportunities, epiphanies and thankfulness which follows the continuum back to happiness. All in all, it’s been a great ride and look forward to more.

I will post when the book is available for purchase right here.

I hope you enjoy my ellipsis… Taryn Simpson – March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment